People helping people.
It’s the credit union way. Being part of the credit union community and serving members allows Icon’s staff to be part of the “people helping people” movement. Every individual at Icon has the opportunity to be part of the important experiences our members enjoy with Icon, from opening a first savings account to buying a first home and investing for retirement. Our staff loves Icon because we connect each employee’s career to each member’s experiences, goals and dreams!
- Winner of the Best Places to Work in Idaho Award since 2015. For more than 60 years, Icon’s internal culture has provided the foundation for everything we do as a credit union. But it wasn’t until 2015 that this reality was officially recognized, followed by a second win in 2016, a top 10 placement in 2017, runner-up in 2018, and another top 10 placement in 2020! Resulting from the totally anonymous surveys taken by our staff, we couldn’t be more humbled, honored and proud to earn this status as a top employer. But with great recognition comes great expectations, and it’s now our official mission to not only maintain our position on this list but aspire to become the top overall winner in the state!
- We are honored to be led by Connie Miller, who was recognized as an ICON Award Winner by the Idaho Business Review in 2018! The Idaho Business Review has recognized outstanding professionals through a variety of award programs. The ICON Award is a capstone to all of their awards and our very own Connie Miller, President & CEO, was an honoree this year. This award is a crowning achievement highlighting a long, fruitful career. Each ICON award winner was judged on four criteria: leadership, professional accomplishments, community support, and vision/meeting goals. When asked how do you feel about being named an ICON award honoree? Connie answered, “I’m humbled and honored. I do what I do each day not for the awards, although it’s always nice to receive recognition for making a difference. I also treasure the name of this award, because years ago, when I was part of the naming committee for Icon Credit Union, the name Icon kept resurfacing for what it stood for. So, to now be recognized for such an award is fulfilling and I’m extremely grateful.”
- We’re financially strong. Icon has been rated as Excellent by both Bauer Financial and Weiss Ratings for our financial strength. That means you’re coming to work for a company that’s going to be around for a long LONG time. Weiss Ratings is one of the strictest and most conservative ratings agencies in the financial industry. Icon’s incredible rating not only places it in the top 10 percent of financial institutions nationwide when it comes to economic stability, it sends the message to Icon members and employees alike that Icon is here to stay.
- Cultural Peer Awards. Every year, employees nominate coworkers for Peer Awards – designed to recognize those who carry and exemplify Icon’s culture. These individuals are Icon’s cultural heroes and set the standards to which all Icon employees aspire!
At Icon, we are committed to ensuring we provide an affordable and robust benefit plan. Our plan includes the following remarkable benefits for all employees working thirty hours or more:
- A choice from two medical plans with flexible deductible options
- Comprehensive dental program, including an orthodontic discount program
- Considerable selection of voluntary benefits, including vision, accident insurance, cancer insurance and other options
- Substantial life Insurance coverage
- Collective short and long term disability
- Ten paid holidays (careful – these often earn scorn from friends and family!)
- A personal time off (PTO) schedule, including required vacations, to ensure all employees enjoy a healthy balance between their careers and personal lives
Icon also offers an impressive 401K match program to all employees, regardless of work schedule or tenure. What kind of a financial institution would we be if we weren’t looking out for your long-term interests, too?
Staff can also give back to their communities by participating in the Icon Gives to Individuals fund – a staff-funded program that allows individuals to be nominated for financial assistance. Sound pretty good so far? The best part is that Icon then matches all employee donations, so collectively we can make a large difference in individuals’ lives.
And on the subject of company matches, we also have an Icon Gives to Charities program. If you have a passion for an organization and are involved at a leadership level, Icon would be happy to match your personal donations and support your involvement.
To learn more about Icon’s community partners or the Icon Gives programs click here.